Do you dream of a kitchen where you can cook up a storm without being hindered by cluttered countertops and limited storage space? Utilizing the often-overlooked space below cabinets provides extra storage options. Here are some cabinet-saving ideas to transform your kitchen:
1. Install pull-out drawers: Adding pull-out drawers under your cabinets can create additional storage space and make accessing frequently used pots and pans easier.
2. Use a magnetic strip: Mounting a magnetic strip under your cabinets can provide a convenient and space-saving way to store knives and other metal kitchen tools.
3. Hang a paper towel holder: Keep your paper towels within easy reach by installing a paper towel holder under your cabinets.
4. Add a spice rack: Save counter space by installing a wall spice rack and having spices, among other things, handy up the cooking satisfaction meter. So, go ahead and unlock your inner chef.
5. Install a wine glass rack: Keep your wine glasses within easy reach and free up cabinet space by installing a wine glass rack under your cabinets.
6. Task (it’s called a puck) lighting: Kitchen task lighting provides proper illumination when working in the kitchen, such as cooking on the stove or preparing meals on the countertop. Ensure one puck light for every 8 to 12 inches of cabinet space to avoid uneven lighting.
7. Cabinet door organizers: Install an organizer on the door under your sink.
8. Banana hook and basket: It keeps the bananas from ripening unevenly and prevents bruising. To prevent bananas from ripening too quickly, wrap their stems with cellophane. The stem is the main source of ethylene gas, which is responsible for the rapid ripening of bananas. Covering the stems can slow down the release of this gas.
9. Mounted appliances: Small appliances like microwaves, coffeemakers, and toasters are ideal for under-mounts or placed on a small shelf.
10. Hang your pots and pans: There are several ways to do this, either with a hanging bar or suspended from the ceiling.
Utilizing the space under your cabinets can create a more functional and stylish kitchen without sacrificing organization. Try these under-cabinet space-saving ideas for a more efficient and enjoyable cooking experience!